Stottesdon Gateway Nursery has recently become part of the Stottesdon Gateway Trust. Previously known as Chorley Family Playgroup, our nursery is situated on-site and provides childcare before and after school for 2-11 year olds, nusery placements for pre-school children and we also host a mother and toddler group, Tiny Stots, every Friday morning during term-time.
The aim of Stottesdon Gateway Nursery is to enhance the development and education of children, primarily under statutory school age, in a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To encourage children to be confident, independent and develop self-esteem.
- To offer age and developmentally appropriate play facilities and resources.
- To help children learn about what is right and wrong
- To build positive relationships with children and parents/carers.
- To value what children say, and have high expectations of what they can achieve.
- To observe children and plan the next steps for their learning and development, and to help them progress at their individual levels.
- To give children opportunities to be active as well as relax.
- To work within the Early Years Foundation Stage, as set out by the Department of Education.
- To offer equal opportunities to all children regardless of their race, culture, religion or special needs.