This term, Teme Class will be studying the topic 'Island Adventures'.
In Geography we will explore:
- Islands as a Home – Katie Morag and Struay (based on Scottish Island of Coll) Britain as an island.
- identify seasonal and daily weather patterns in the United Kingdom
- consider the location of hot and cold areas of the world in relation to the Equator and the North and South Poles
- name, locate and identify characteristics of the four countries and capital cities of the United Kingdom and its surrounding sea
- Study and compare the geography of their local area to Struay including the key human and physical features.
- Consider a contrasting Island locality: Indonesia. Consider differences in lifestyle, language, culture, climate etc. Understand geographical similarities and differences (human and physical) of small area of UK and small area of contrasting non-European country.
- Around our school – study the geography around the school – use maps
For a more detailed curriculum map, please click on the following link: